Monday, January 23, 2012

From Scratch!

I decided that I wanted to make all of Ford's baby food from scratch instead of giving him jared baby food. So far he liked all of the baby food I had given him, so why not make it with fresh ingredients and a little flavor....pretty ambitious and dedicated I thought!!! I spent the morning at the store getting all the right ingredients, and the afternoon chopping, steaming, baking, boiling and pureeing! I made carrots, peas, apple and pear sauce, and sweet potatoes. I added some cinnamon to the apple and pear sauce and the sweet potatoes for some extra flavor! I even put a little butter in the peas and carrots (I figure he is half Texan so it's about time he got some butter in his diet!). I tasted all of the food and was very satisfied with all my hard work!!!



When Ford woke up from his nap I put together a little sampler for him so he could taste all his yummy food. We were both so excited!!!


I will let you be the judge of whether or not he liked all of his fresh homemade food!!! I don't know that I have ever seen him make some of these faces before!



 He's not crying here just a full on gag!!!


and maybe a little angry here


Oh wait maybe it's not so bad.......

 nope never mind!

 I think I would rather punch myself in the face then eat this food Mom!!!!

Well after that scene I went back to the drawing board and added more water to all the food, and pureed it more so it has a smoother texture. He is starting to like it more and more, but lesson learned even the best intentions don't always work out especially when it comes to being a mom!!!

1 comment:

  1. Look at all those cute faces!! Don't worry, you really are a good cook :)

    ReplyDelete