Thursday, June 28, 2012

Finally!

Finally after months of failed attempts (I tried every month since he was 5 months old!) Ford is sleeping without a swaddle, double swaddle, inside swaddle band wrapped in an outside swaddle, sleepsak with sewn up arm holes, sleepsak with one arm out and one arm in, and the final step sleepsak with arm holes open, but arms inside untiil he wiggled them out in his sleep! I am sure you can tell by my sarcasim that this has been a challenge, but at 10 1/2 months he is sleeping on his own. I had to get very creative to accomidate my growing baby who couldn't sleep with his arms out, but after much stress I can say we were successful! In hindsight I think I was caught up in "doing what you are supposed to do" mentality, and listening to people say "you are still swaddling your baby" when really I should have just let him go at his own pace, and saved myself a lot of anxiety. Ford now loves to sleep on his tummy and is taking great naps and sleeping great at night. Here are some pics of my sweet sleeping boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment